So I decided to treat myself to a few bits off http://www.beautyemporium.ie and they arrived today. There’s a clearance sale on at the minute and I got the lipstick and polishes for dirt cheap, staying true to my bargain hunter nature:
CHINA GLAZE: Pretty crazy colours, but I’m a fan of lots of colour so they are perfect for me. Never used this brand before but I have the yellow, ‘Sun-Kissed’, on at the moment and I’m liking it so far. Turns a more muted pearlescent yellow when dry. The green is called ‘I’m With The Lifegaurd’
SLEEK: I am in love with this palette already. Lovely warm shimmery gold, copper and bronzey sunset tones. I don’t wear blue eyeshadow really, but I’d be interested to attempt an ocean sunset look, which is what I’m guessing the blue is there for.
NYX: I wasn’t too sure if this lipstick was going to suit me, I’m not used to wearing orange tinted lips. I kind of just bought it because it was on sale for 3euros and the reviews online were great so really there was nothing to lose. Its really smooth and moisturising and hallelujuh! – I actually love the colour! It goes really well with the colours in the sunset palette too, which is kind of a happy accident.
- Maybelline Super Stay 24h Foundation – 005 Light Beige
- Rimmel Clear Complexion concealer – 001 Ivory
- Maybelline Dream Smooth primer
- Maybelline Dream Touch blush – 02
- Maybelline Dream Sun bronzer – 01 Blonde
- Isa Dora eyeshadow palette – 20 Classic Brown (for eyebrows)
- Maybelli.ne the Colossal Volume Express mascara – 100% Black
- NYX Black Label Lipstick – 111 Citrus
- Sleep i-Divine Sunset Palette
- China Glaze – 1090 Sun-Kissed
LOVE Halloween parties. It’s always fun to see your friends get dressed up and get creative.
This year we had:
- giant spider webs EVERYWHERE (the room looked like the inside of a spider filled cave by the time we were done!)
- lots of cool Jack-o-Lanterns
- scarily alcoholic jelly cocktail (sampled by a few magpies before we got to try it)
- pumpkin jar full of obligatory Halloween candy
- garden graveyard complete with hanging skeletons
- some friendly ghost armchairs
- the typical gross Halloween games (bowl of spaghetti hair and eyeballs)
- and a LOT of booze.
SO, I’ll leave you with some pics of us all out in the graveyard, a few of peoples costumes, and a few close ups of my pop-art zombie costume (inspired by Redditor Ssssamanta’s original look).
Vanessa as a Necromancer
Caoimhe as a Voodoo Doll, Me as a blue Zombie, and the Necromancer pulling our strings!
Seamus (left) as a blurry sugar skull (see next pic), and Peter (right) as Harvey Dent aka Two-Face
Seamus rockin’ the Dia De Los Muertos style with a Sugar Skull and suit.
Andrew as a Poke Fan!
Hangin’ Out in the Graveyard.
Jim as a Sexy Nun.
Evan as the Red Power Ranger and Sean as Christopher Moltisanti (Sopranos). Two of my favorite costumes of the night!
Mark as AWESOME-O (complete with tin opener) and Sadb as a Fortune Teller Gypsy.
Enda in his Panda Suit and David as a Zombie.
Me trying to act like a Doll.
Claire as the Ice King from Adventure Time
A Blurry Two-Face
Wendy as Marcelline from Adventure Time
Oh My Glob! Its Lena as Lumpy Space Princess!
This half Sugar Skull look is fun, especially if you don’t really feel like committing to a full face skull or if you just want to still feel like yourself when you look in the mirror.
All paints used are from Snazaroo, with a few touches of Smiffys FX UV activated paint which I used to paint half my lip pink and my eyebrow purple.
TIP! : Use hairspray to set your makeup. Spray a little at arms length and walk into the mist. Careful now!
Follow me on Facebook for more! https://www.facebook.com/artface.emma